platformOS Community

My PlatformOS pos-cli sync command is no working, Can you please help me to working it properly?

Aug 29 2022 at 09:41

My PlatformOS pos-cli sync command is no working, Can you please help me to working it properly?
before posting this question I have tried some solutions on my end, like : I have totaly uninstalled the nodejs and platform-os pos-cli. After uninstalled complete, I have reinstalled nodejs latest version and platform-os pos-cli.
When I hit the 'pos-cli sync staging' command, this will show the following error in command-line :-

node:internal/errors:415
ErrorCaptureStackTrace(err);
^

Error: ENOSPC: System limit for number of file watchers reached, watch '/var/www/html/Platform-OS/Event-Hound-Final/marketplace'
at FSWatcher. (node:internal/fs/watchers:244:19)
at Object.watch (node:fs:1593:34)
at createFsWatchInstance (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:119:15)
at setFsWatchListener (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:166:15)
at NodeFsHandler._watchWithNodeFs (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:331:14)
at NodeFsHandler._handleDir (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:567:19)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:94:5)
at async NodeFsHandler._addToNodeFs (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:617:16)
at async /usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/index.js:451:21
at async Promise.all (index 0)
Emitted 'error' event on FSWatcher instance at:
at FSWatcher._handleError (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/index.js:647:10)
at NodeFsHandler._addToNodeFs (/usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/lib/nodefs-handler.js:645:18)
at processTicksAndRejections (node:internal/process/task_queues:94:5)
at async /usr/lib/node_modules/@platformos/pos-cli/node_modules/chokidar/index.js:451:21
at async Promise.all (index 0) {
errno: -28,
syscall: 'watch',
code: 'ENOSPC',
path: '/var/www/html/Platform-OS/Event-Hound-Final/marketplace',
filename: '/var/www/html/Platform-OS/Event-Hound-Final/marketplace'
}

• JJBragg Aug 29 2022 at 12:12
    Hello! Happy to help you with this issue. Can you please submit this to support@platformos.com and please also include the email associated with your platformos partner portal account as well as the instance you are trying to connect to? Is the issue happening on ALL instances you are trying to connect to, or just a specific one? Thank you! :)
Rich - One Orange Cow Sep 01 2022 at 01:29

System limit for number of file watchers reached

There is your answer, something is limiting pos-cli's file watcher from looking at files on your system... while I don't know the limit offhand I suspect that some security or lack of permissions is blocking this (and not allowing any). Not sure what computer you are using but try running in elevated privilege command line.

Please sign in or fill up your profile to answer a question