Code of Conduct
Our community is a place to help, encourage, and lift each other up and we are committed to providing a friendly, safe, and welcoming community for all.
The platformOS community is based on mutual respect and the aim of this Code of Conduct is to keep it professional, honest, kind, clean, and simple.
The Code of Conduct applies to everyone using the pOS Community Site including our team and moderators.
Thank you for being part of the community and doing your part adhering to the Code of Conduct.
Respect, respect, RESPECT!
- Everyone deserves respect regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, ethnicity, religion or personal characteristics.
- Developers are notoriously passionate about their preferences. Respect that every design or implementation choice, in any programming language, carries a trade-off and numerous costs. There is seldom a right answer, just personal preferences.
- Respect that people have a difference of opinion and you will disagree. Please be professional and courteous. There is no need to be mean or rude. (Honest disagreement is often a good sign of progress - Mahatma Gandhi)
Be open minded with the ideas and suggestions from others. Learning is an infinite game and everyone at every level brings something to the table that we can learn from.
Be kind to new users! Everyone was new once, and we all need a little kindness and guidance.
Try to keep the threads on-topic. If you think what you're discussing might be a separate point, don’t hijack the thread and instead add a new question with your point.
Criticism should be constructive, not offensive. Personal attacks and hate speech will not be tolerated; this includes negative comments or slurs
Recommend great ideas from others, but make sure you’ve added the source and give credit where credit is due.
- Persistent spamming of subforums or threads, or spamming of old threads will not be tolerated.
- We’re happy to get tips on useful tools and resources but do not post messages with the explicit intent to sell a product or service, or to drive people to a form or a website.
Moderators may mark a thread as closed manually if the topic becomes out of date.
- break any of the above guidelines
- contain offensive or harmful material
- contain personal or sensitive information about users
- violate any copyrights or licenses.
- explicitly intend to sell a product or service, or to drive people to a form or a website,
- impersonate platformOS employees
- post spam content
- post offensive or harmful material
- harass other users.
If you find unacceptable behavior directed at yourself or others, send us an email linking to the content through our contact form.
Thank you for being part of our community and playing by the rules.
The information provided in this community is for informational purposes only and does not constitute legal, financial or business advice by platformOS. You should consult your own attorney or other experts before relying on any information available in this forum. Some of the information contained in this forum is provided by third party users. platformOS is not responsible for such content, and does not approve, verify or otherwise endorse such information. All information in this community is provided only as general information and may not be accurate, up to date, or correctly reflect the current state of the law or the policies of platformOS or any third party providers. platformOS expressly disclaims all liability in respect of any or all content in this community.